Logistic Services Industrial Development Specialist - Jazan
17/09/2019 11:43 AM - other
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Logistic Services Industrial Development Specialist with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
Senior-level of logistic services in industrial development specialist role at the Strategic Planning & Investment Development Division. To improve and review the requirement of managing corridors industrial services and logistic services at the industrial area and to provide the expertise and prepare the required recommendations for JCPDI logistic services in industrial development.
The logistic services in industrial development specialist report directly to the Director of Industrial Investment Development Department and receives administrative direction on assigned responsibilities in terms of specific investment opportunities Director with work being reviewed for adherence to scope of work. Interfaces with Investors and coordinates activities with the Royal Commission Management and Departments.
Major Activities Performed:
- Operational Functions:
- Review the collected data and conduct the required evaluation of the industrial corridors services and related logistics service and provide recommendations as required.
- Prepare and review policies and procedures of managing logistics corridors services in the industrial area and improve the performance and apply the required safety standards.
- Application and coordination of all requirements relating to corridors services including construction systems, inspections, permits and general maintenance.
- Prepare and process of corridors services lease contracts for all industries used on industrial corridors.
- Conduct researches on performance and logistic services requirement for industries and to analyze researches results and present the required information to the supervisors and stakeholders for the purposes of improving future plans.
- To coordinate with industries in regards to managing the corridors services and the logistic services.
- To execute recommendations, policies, objectives and procedures determined by management.
- To assist in preparing and executing business plans.
- Personnel Management:
- To ensure employees and supervisor awareness on the updates at all times.
- To perform additional responsibilities and positions’ related skills as assigned duties and required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Candidate should have Bachelors degree from a recognized western credited university in one of the following fields namely Logistics/ Transportation/ Logistics & Supply Chain Management/ Transport Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ fields.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience in logistics/ transportation/ transport & supply chain management fields and have a solid understanding of all 5 modes of transport, warehousing and procurement, supply chain management, logistics service provision, and operational aspects of logistics including a solid basic understanding of how ports work, and what logistics requirements cities would have (warehousing & container depots etc).
- Candidate must be able to provide transport/ logistics advisory solutions to the logistics sector and industrial sector by supporting all industrial support services and supply chains, including logistic platforms inside and outside the industrial city, as well as support the development of logistic platforms in the city to develop, including the seaport development projects, airport development projects, integrated railway linkages to the port and industrial container yards, pipeline systems connected to the Port (or elsewhere through the KSA network), & other related logistics developmental projects.
- The candidate will be required to work with different teams of engineers, business investors, and port operations personnel etc to make certain that successful and well-planned logistics services are offered to the industrial city.
- Candidate should have the know-how and skills to assist in creating an appropriate environment that attracts industrial investments and enables Jazan to develop as a logistics hub city within Saudi Arabia. The candidate should understand and appreciate how geographic logistics hub cities emerge, and assist where he is required, to achieve the required support for the competitiveness for local factories, in partnership with port operational service providers, and help establish logistics operations/ services enabling the industrial city to grow through well-integrated & well-planned services and well-thought-through infrastructure developed etc.
- Candidate should have the required logistics operational/ technical analytical capabilities as well as a solid logistics/ transport/ supply chain management, or transport engineering background.
- Candidate should have experience in data collection & preparing reports that may be required for the implementation of excellent logistics/transport service development projects in the industrial city of Jazan.
- Candidate should have both the technical and people skills to work with Warehousing Investors & Constructors, Port Construction, Handling, Operations & Support Services, Sea/ Road/ Rail/ Pipeline/ Airport transport investors & service providers, as well as other transport and logistics service initiatives which will enable Jazan to emerge as a logistics hub city.
Basic Technical Skills:
- Time management and communication and team-work skills.
- Self-management and evidence of self-starting skills will be an advantage.
- Candidate should effectively communicate in both English & Arabic languages in reading, speaking and writing.
- Candidate should be computer literate and has experience in using MS Microsoft Word, MS Excel, schedules software.etc.
Candidate should be able to integrate sound technical & personal office management skills with solid people skills.
- Candidate should adhere with all applicable policies for the Royal Commission at Jubail and Yanbu.
- Candidate has to confirm that he has reviewed, agreed and understood the job description.