Principal Scheduler - Yanbu
17/09/2019 11:43 AM - other
Ready to put your project engineer expertise to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of engineering tasks on large scale, complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Principal Scheduler for our rapidly expanding transportation project.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
Responsible for planning, scheduling, progress forecasting and project coordination. Performs a major role reporting contractual responsibilities of RC Contractors planning, scheduling and progress performance. Monitors, advises and Project Department managing in planning, scheduling and reporting matters – collecting, evaluating and forecasting data as requested.
- Develops and monitors project schedules, depicts the sequence of events, dependencies, and interfaces with other projects to clearly illustrate the strategy of the program to meet the requirements of the Projects Department Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM).
- Develops major milestone activities from the project schedules or Projects Department RAM to monitor the operation of the work and the inter-relationship with milestones for design, engineering, and procurement.
- Develops and monitors pre-award schedules and assists in “RFP” review and bid evaluations as required. Coordinates major milestone activities and established “major contract events” for incorporation in the RFP special conditions and pre-award reports.
- Reviews, analyzes and recommends approval or disapproval disposition of contractors detailed schedules, including manpower loading.
- Summarizes approved contractor detailed schedules for incorporation in the Projects Department RAM, utilizing established procedures.
- Analyzes inputs and identifies areas where requirements are not being met, bringing any scheduling problems to the attention of Project Section Manager with proposed solutions. Identifies potential contract changes and develops appropriate logic schedules.
- Deliver timely, accurate and sensitive project controls report to facilitate a clear understanding of the performance of the project in relation to planned performance targets.
- Develops trends and forecasts design contract progress, relative to major milestone activities, and provides input to Monthly/Quarterly Progress Reports.
- Utilizing information from the Projects Department RAM and contractor submittals prepares scheduling presentation materials as required by the Project Section Manager.
- Reviews and assists in resolving and processing claims, back charges, invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Project Controls Section Manager/Supervisor.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree from recognized western university in engineering or business discipline and a minimum of 10 years of experience in projects oriented environment.
- Experience with planning and scheduling of project activities mainly using computer-based scheduling software such as Primavera (Oracle’s Project Management Application), Microsoft Project or similar programs is required
- Expert knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a team environment with colleagues and subordinates of multiple ethnicity and cultural backgrounds
- Experience of working in foreign countries, especially in the Middle East is an important criterion.