Lead Contract Administrator (Post-contract / Legal) - Yanbu
17/09/2019 11:43 AM - other
Ready to put your contract skills to work with departments and teams that change the fabric of our community? Do you have an eye for details? Put your contract management expertise to work on complex projects. Parsons is now hiring Principal Contract Administrator for our rapidly expanding team.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
The Lead Contracts Administrator that will participate in post-award contract administration functions including fulfilling and meeting contract requirements, negotiations and contract administration. The Lead CA shall support and advise the Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM), Section Managers, and the Director of Construction in all legal matters and Royal Commission contractual matters to meet contractual compliance.
- Maintains a legal and contractual liaison between Contractor, SAPL and Royal Commission.
- Coordinates with Senior Resident Construction Manager and Resident Construction Engineers relating to field administration of contracts.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; Letters of Instructions (LOIs), Contract Change Orders / Modifications, Insurance Documents, Sub-Contractor Approval packages, Certificate of Final Acceptance (COFA), and other legal or contractual packages as needed.
- Prepares and negotiates cost impacts and schedule changes with Contractor for contract Change Orders / Modifications – as a member of the Construction Negotiation Team.
- Prepares contract initial and final acceptance, certificates of maintenance and coordinates contract closeout.
- Prepares and maintains records of activity and status of contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Reviews and assists in resolving and processing claims, back charges, invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Contract Administrator Supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, or Law Degree.
- Minimal eight (8) years of experience in contract administration, negotiation, or legal affairs. Mideast Experience is a plus.
- Must be fluent in English and effectively communicate in both spoken and written skills regarding contract issues.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).