Senior Resident Construction Manager (Electrical) - Jazan
17/09/2019 11:43 AM - other
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Senior Resident Construction Manager - Electrical with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
Senior supervisory field engineering position in construction management, and application of electrical engineering techniques on infrastructure and community construction projects. Responsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site electrical installation and testing work activities. Provides technical guidance to contractors, and utilizes his expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and approved drawings and specifications.
Interfaces with other Construction and Engineering Department staff, and occasionally with senior management and client representatives. Receives administrative and technical direction in terms of broad project objectives from the Construction Manager (CM). Frequent contacts with industry representatives, Client and Management Contractor staff, and construction contractors’ personnel assigned to specific projects.
Major Activities Performed:
- Monitors construction contractors’ electrical installation and testing activities.
- Witnesses contractors’ quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the applicable codes, standards, and approved drawings and specifications.
- Witnesses all testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up activities to assure contractors’ compliance with the approved plans and procedures.
- Reviews tests result generated by the independent test agencies and approve those complying with the specification requirements.
- Reviews contractor-submitted shop and as-built drawings, materials submittals, tie-in procedures, project schedules, and work permits; coordinate with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and/or their comments.
- Reviews contractors’ quality assurance and quality control programs, inspection and test plans, installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, for electrical equipment and cable work, and provides comments for transmittal to the contractors.
- Reviews contractors’ submittals for Preliminary Equipment and Materials List, Recommended Spare Parts List, and Operation and Maintenance Manuals and coordinates with the concerned departments regarding approval of these documents.
- Arranges meetings between the cont5ractor and concerned departments to resolve interfacing problems during construction.
- Coordinates between the contractor and the concerned departments on all aspects of tie-in work for new electrical equipment and cables or additions to existing systems.
- Organizes, coordinates, and conducts in conjunction with the concerned departments' acceptance inspections and re-inspections of the completed permanent works until all deficiencies are corrected and signed off.
- Reviews contractors’ invoices for the correctness of installed quantities for the electrical portion of the permanent works.
- Resolves and ensures that contractor rectify deficiencies in the permanent works as reported by the concerned departments (end users) prior to acceptance of and transfer of the permanent works to the Client.
- Prepares a daily report, and assists the Resident Construction Manager (RCM) in preparing weekly and monthly reports on work progress.
- Attends a bi-weekly meeting with the contractor, and prepares a report on the meeting.
- Initiates and prepares for RCM’s signature letters to contractors, and memo to other department managers.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from a western recognized university, Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field is plus.
- Professional Engineering certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in electrical engineering and construction subjects: Medium voltage (13.8kv) and Low voltage (120 V – 240 V – 400 V) electrical system.
- Electrical power distribution systems Building electrical power distribution systems and equipment preferably for power plants, electrical substations, and high voltage (380kv/115kv) power distribution systems.
- General electrical calculations and electrical theory.
- General load flows calculations, basic relay and protection coordination One-lines pad-mounted transformers and Switches (or unit substations and RMUs).
- Lighting systems – exterior and interior.
- Coordination with other utilities and disciplines Appropriate building electrical codes, construction methodology and requirements (NESC, NEC, IEC, IEEE or other related codes and standards).
- AutoCAD is a benefit, but not a requirement.