Industrial Investment Specialist - Jazan
17/09/2019 11:43 AM - other
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Industrial Investment Specialist with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
The Industrial Investment Specialist is a mid-level professional that provide all related services and support in the domain of “Industrial Investment promotion” in order to continuously increase the industrial investment opportunities for the Royal Commission at Jazan City by developing appropriate plans, objectives, channels of communication with potential industrial investors. Responsible for managing all the industrial investment activities and providing technical guidance and expertise in this field.
Receive administrative and technical direction in terms of industrial investment from the Director of the Strategic Planning Department. Frequent contacts requiring the capability to persuade, influence and/or motivate all levels of industrial investors’ representatives. Frequent contacts with the Royal Commission upper-level management and client representatives. Organize, plan and supervise activities of investors’ personnel.
Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
- Develop industrial investment plan to accomplish Royal Commission Jazan investment goals and objectives.
- Provide investment information related to the potential possible industrial investment opportunities, policies, procedures, products and regulatory issues.
- Identify and convey industrial investments objectives or constraints associated with product, operations, systems, platform, pricing and propose alternatives.
- Ensure industrial investment opportunities with the entire Royal Commission guidelines and regulatory policies.
- Identify and develop appropriate channels of communication with potential industrial investors that compatible with the tenants/players/services providers with the Royal Commission Jazan City.
- Performs supportive roles in industrial investment situational analysis to determine strategies/ methodologies/tools/programs in accordance with the dynamics in regional, global industrial trends and prioritize.
- Conduct research to identify preferences and other relevant information for potential industrial investors to assist management in the decision making process.
- Identifies on the basis of available data, communication channels and media from the publicity necessary to attract potential industrial investors.
- Coordinate with other Royal Commission Divisions to develop industrial investment strategies and campaigns.
- Provides the necessary expertise during the implementation of the industrial investment plans, policies and procedures for the operation
- Playing supportive roles in conducting surveys/studies to exactly list the target potential industrial investors, service providers in the industrial sector and derive plans to prominently get them exposed to the RC Jazan opportunities
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree/Bachelors degree in Commerce/ Bachelor’s degree preferably in Industrial Engineering from a western credited university. Possessing an MBA will be an advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in industrial investment promotion field. Knowledge of regional and global industrial trends and their effect on economics & investment will be essential in this job. An understanding at either the intermediate or advanced level of current industrial investment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & the MENA Middle East & Africa region would be advantageous.
- Candidate should ideally have strong previous experience in investment projects elsewhere in the globe or regionally, have a solid understanding of industrial investment projects & ideally have a solid basic understanding of investment financing modelling & how industrial investments affects regional developments
- Candidate should ideally have the people skills to liaise effectively with both internal organizations that provide the necessary framework for the industrial investment (engineers from various backgrounds), and external investors or potential investors who intend investing or already have invested in Jazan. The candidate should also ideally have the skills to bring both the internal and external groups together to optimize and execute successful industrial investment opportunities in Jazan
- Must be fluent in English – both spoken and written and be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and powerpoint presentations is essential. Understanding of certain project management programs or training/ experience in project management will be advantageous.
- Evidence of effective time management, communication, interpersonal and self-management/ “self-starting” skills will be an advantage
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to turn strategic plans into actionable goals and realistic time-bound activities will be essential for this candidate to be successful in the job.
- Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Driver’s License.