Senior MEP Engineer - Oman
13/09/2019 09:50 PM - other
Ping CE are proud to be partnering with a leading design and engineering consultancy in the Gulf Region, due to a recent project win of a large scale infrastructure project which includes aspects of tunnelling our client is seeking to hire an experienced MEP Engineer.
The Senior Engineer leads the electrical design activities of infrastructure projects of medium complexity. The jobholder ensures a functional, effective and aesthetic electrical design, which accommodates the requirements of the client, local authorities, international standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines. The Senior Engineer develops electrical concept designs, schematic designs, and detailed designs and participates in the preparation of tender documents for infrastructure design projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
- Support Project Managers with the management of client relations and expectations, as needed
- Support Project Managers in client presentations and workshops, as needed
- Support Project Managers with responding to client clarifications and technical issues related to electrical design, as needed
- Support the collection of internally available data to support project execution
- Lead discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
- Develop Electrical concept designs, including all required drawings and reports, for non-complex infrastructure projects, for discussion with clients
- Refine selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports
- Coordinate with other design specializations (e.g. Architecture, Structural, Mechanical, Water & Environment) to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for design projects of medium complexity across all design stages (conceptual, schematic, detailed), as needed
- Review prepared design deliverables with senior project teams and implement design revisions based on reviews and checking reports, as needed
- Closely work with stakeholders for design value engineering for non-complex projects, as needed
- Provide support to Project Managers in developing periodic progress reports, as needed
- Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conduct peer review on team members’ deliverables
- Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including responding to RFIs and solving electrical-infrastructure design conflicts, in coordination with local design support teams
- Implement corporate policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is preferred
- Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in Highways / rail / tunnels
- In depth knowledge of electrical / infrastructure engineering design
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- Knowledge of electrical engineering-related rules and regulations in the Middle East
PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR THIS POST IF YOU FULFIL THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT OF THE POSITION
For more information on the role or to apply please send your CV in response to this advert.
Please visit our website and subscribe for regular job updates at www.pingrecruit.com