13/09/2019 09:50 PM - other
LEED Engineer will be located at the Royal Commission Headquarters site to assure fulfillment of LEED requirements and will also be liaison between RC Yanbu and the RC LEED consultants. The LEED Engineer is a supervisory field engineering position in construction methodology, and application of engineering techniques on major projects.Responsible for supervision of LEED Mechanical MEP field construction, mechanical, piping, Electrical, plumbing and welding activities.Provides technical guidance and expertise to ensure completion within established schedule, in accordance with design drawings, specifications, codes/standards and contractual obligations.
Receives administrative and technical direction in terms of broad project objectives from Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM). Frequent contacts requiring the capability to persuade, influence and/or motivate all levels of contractor representatives.Occasional contacts with upper level management and client representatives.Organizes plans and supervises activities of assigned construction personnel of various disciplines and technical personnel dedicated to assigned projects.
Major Activities Performed
1. Provide professional, clear, and enabling guidance for project teams regarding the LEED certification process.
2. Collaborate with Project Managers and project teams to evaluate project documentation.
3. Review technical documents.
4. Interact directly with professionals in the design and in the construction through both written and verbal communication.
5. Review and evaluate LEED project documentation.
6. Develop LEED project assessment.
7. Provides guidance to contractors regarding schedule, procedures, scope of work and other information requirements.
8. Develops a close working relationship with contractor. Reviews job plans, methods, equipment, staffing and productivity and detects potential problems in conforming with approved design drawings or specifications.Reviews problems with contractor to determine whether actions proposed are adequate for resolution.
9. Reviews shop and as-built drawings submitted by contractor and obtains engineering review and approval for same.Identifies and reports on discrepancies in original design or in contract documents which necessitate contract modifications.Reviews submitted construction, quality assurance and other procedures, and obtains necessary approvals.
10. Compiles technical data to prepare weekly and monthly reports on project progress and quality control.Conducts or directs facts finding investigations and advises SRCM on problems in meeting schedule or specifications.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from a western recognized university in a field of study or related to Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Structural) with minimum of 10 years of related experience. (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Coming from the construction/mechanical professional area, with at least 3 years' experience as active LEED project team member.
- Knowledgeable with applicable codes and standards.
- Knowledge in commissioning/testing is preferred.
- LEED AP certification and preferably BREEAM assessor qualification and WELL AP.
- Knowledge of software like AutoCAD and, preferably, Energy model software.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, and presenting).
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a valid driving license.