13/09/2019 09:50 PM - other
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
A Leading Consulting firm just won a new --massive Civils/Infrastructure Project Salary in SAR (Saudi Rial) - Reserved during the client meeting.
The salary figure already includes accommodation and transport allowance.
Travel: They offer ticket home once a year for himself and family or 2 tickets if he is single and medical cover.
Does working for one of the longest-established consulting firms in Saudi appeal to you? This firm covers markets such as civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering and they provide a high level of technical and management solutions.
The consultancy has been in operation in for many years and has created a reputation of being a market leader in their field.
Due to their steady growth and having recently secured some highly challenging projects they now wish to hire a new Geotechnical Engineer to join their expanding team in Saudi Arabia.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- At least 8 years of working experience in a similar exposure on geotechnical design work covering infrastructure projects, particular experience of roads and bridges would be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical or Civil engineering
- Ideally, Saudi based already (within the KSA)
- Open to all Nationalities but fluent in Arabic
- Has or can obtain a Transferable Iqama
- Minimum of 8 yrs related experience out of which a minimum of 4 yrs in the design & management of geotechnical projects with engineering companies.
- Must have firm experience in geotechnical engineering technologies in relation to infrastructure and foundations design.
- Detailed understanding of local & international seismic design conditions.
- Extensive knowledge of general analysis and design softwares.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare scope of work for ground investigations and support of GI contractors-Assist with site monitoring of ground investigations.
- Prepare feasibility assessments for projects - Develop outline design options and provide recommendations on risks/issues to assist project teams in selecting suitable options.
- Help develop specifications for ground engineering structure designs - Liaises with relevant external parties to ensure understanding of the client's need and project requirements.
- The role is mainly design but it may need on site visit if necessary - May require geotechnical field data acquisition, geophysical test,pile load tests,astm procedures,rock,soils.
- Collaborate with other project member professionals, senior drillers, lab technicians, tech assistants to ensure projects are completed in accordance with provided guidelines and meets client expectations
- Apply standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results and follow operations through a series of detailed steps or processes.
- Ideally to have work experience in Gulf region countries especially KSA.
- Preferably with experience in similar projects in the Gulf States.
- Already supervised projects not less than 500 million.
- Membership in Saudi council of engineering.
Key Attributes & Skills to have or developed:
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally.
- Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Self-confident, excellent communications skills, flexibility.
If you’re interested in this role, kindly forward an up-to-date copy of your CV in a word format to Andy.
For suitable candidates, you will receive an email containing the Initial Questions.