Principal Project Engineer (Roads & Utilities) - Jazan
13/09/2019 09:50 PM - other
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Principal Project Engineer - Roads & Utilities with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
Provide technical support to the Engineering Department in the development and execution of Roads & Utilities projects related to communities, and Industrial Roads and Utilities and infrastructure projects.
Principal Engineer will report to a Civil Supervising Engineer. Will interact and coordinate work with other sections of Engineering as well as other Royal Commission Departments
Major Activities Performed:
- Familiarizes with all Royal Commission codes and standards, General Design Criteria and Technical Guidelines, standard drawings and standard guide specifications, Specifically to his area of expertise in Roads and Utilities design.
- Review of A/E contractors design submittals, specifications, technical reports, calculations and coordinate work of other disciplines and departments.
- Preparation of technical specifications and drawings for bid packages related to the development of various community and industrial projects.
- Will implement methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and will select the most efficient and economical solution to meet our clients’ design objectives.
- Leads other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Assists in the review of vendor drawings and shop drawings.
- Prepare conceptual design and layouts. Performs field inspection and provide field support, as necessary during construction phases.
- Provide response and technical solutions to RFI’s raised by Contractors, Operation and maintenance.
- Must work well within a dynamic team and serve as a technical consultant to the client.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from western credited university with major course work in civil engineering, or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the design of roads and utilities projects for residential, commercial, and industrial master-planned communities, storm-water management, water and wastewater distribution network and paving plans for urban and rural roads.
- Experience in preparing and modelling site grading, setting up horizontal and vertical geometry of roads, corridor modelling, generating profiles and cross-sections, and calculation of earthwork volumes.
- Experience in implementing road safety measures, pavement design, and signing and pavement markings. Knowledge in traffic planning and analysis and traffic signalization design is a plus.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration is required.
- Must demonstrate a continual progression of experience and expertise in relevant discipline and area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language is a plus.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications such as: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, InRoads, HCS, Synchro, SIDRA, VISSIM, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Proficiency in Civil 3D is a plus.